Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing #5 Flickr



This was my first visit to Flickr. I found that the website was fairly easy to use. I chose this particular picture for Thing #5 because it calls to mind the act of investigating. My experience with Library2Play has been an enjoyable investigation into the world of Web 2.o technologies.

I found it curious that so many personal photos were available for view by any interested party. Personally, I'm not sure that I would upload family pictures to such a public site. However, I find Flickr to be a great site to share professional photos with colleagues around the world. The group feature is a great way to share with those of common interests. Will this same group feature provide privacy if I only wanted family members to view particular photos? I guess I should go back and find the answer to my question. Overall, Flickr is a very useful website.

2 Comments:

At July 7, 2008 at 9:12 PM , Blogger VWB said...

yes, you can make your pictures private and restrict who can see them. if you open an account, you will be given opportunity to set up your preferences

 
At July 23, 2008 at 9:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm amazed at how many pictures there are out there. I think it would be fun to have kids type in their spelling words and see what pictures come up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites