Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thing #6 Mashups and 3rd Party Sites




The Flickr mashup I found most intriguing was Mosaic Makr. Using the search term "babies" I created the mosaic seen in this blog. "Babies" was such a broad search term that I found more than young children, as you can see. This is a wonderful site that can be utilized in hundreds of ways. I could personally see myself arranging family photos into some sort of scrapbook. Great invention!


As far as Mosaic Makr's potential use in the library, the possibilities are endless. The site can be used to enhance student projects, to help aid teachers in the classroom or just for fun. I'm thinking of utilizing the site in my school's newsletter for the upcoming year. I may be able to create unique images to capture memorable moments during our school year.

2 Comments:

At July 23, 2008 at 8:23 AM , Blogger LKP said...

I love your mosaic, what beautiful pictures! I think your idea about using this in school newsletters is great. Keep up the awesome work and don't forget to have fun!

 
At July 30, 2008 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Susan said...

Your Mosaic Makr started my thinking machine. There was just so much in this lesson that I know I did not spend enough time on all of it. Your ideas for Mosaic Makr are inspirational, and I certainly go back and incorporate it into my library this year. A Mosaic of parts of the library, of classes, of good readers! the ideas are endless - Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites