Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #8 RSS Feeds and Readers

RSS and newsreaders has provided me and other users a very organized and timely manner in which to receive news/updates from favorite websites. What I particularly like is the amount of time that can be saved not having to bookmark separate websites or subscribe to individual electronic newsletters.

I feel that I will be able to stay connected with current events around the nation and the world a little bit easier now.

Librarians have another great tool at our disposal. First, I would like to see information professionals acquaint others with Google Reader or other similar newsreaders. Readers can be a smart research tool for both students and teachers. Remember, our job is to inform users how to access and retrieve information in a variety of formats. Second, I imagine that I can keep up with the most recent reviews of children's literature and other related material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites