Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #9 Useful Library-Related Blogs and News Feeds

Most of the methods discussed in Thing #9 for the most part were user-friendly. However, the search method I preferred more was Bloglines and Google Blog search. The two sites listed reads in the same fashion as a search query. In addition, Google Blog search allows you to receive email alerts for other blogs that fit a desired search.

I need to study the Technorati and the Topix.net sites a little more. Unlike Bloglines and Google Blog search, these two sites appeared as ordinary web pages with a lot more information to sift through.

I've learned that there are millions of blogs out there. It's going to take some time to find specific blogs and/or newsreaders that I have a particular interest in (for example, information relating to the "Church of Christ"). When I tried to search for newsreads and blogs with this search term, I received some unusual results. Overall, I think this is a very worthy venture that I'm about to embark on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites