Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing #11 LibraryThing

Will wonders never cease! Well, I went ahead and added the Library Thing blog link to my RSS reader. I look forward to getting better acquainted with this site. Library Thing incorporates so many unique features that I don't quite know where to begin. I like the idea that fun statistics and recommendations can be created from the titles I log into my profile. How neat! Not only can I read reviews submitted by others, but I can also contribute reviews to the site as well. Sounds like a good place to seriously begin writing reviews as an information professional.

There are several groups that I might be interested in. I went ahead and took a peek inside the "Hogwarts Express" group. Not quite what I expected. The members all seem to be chatting about accidental bodily injuries. Why did I think they would be talking about books in the Harry Potter series.?

Well, I didn't give up. On to another group. Next, I choose to have a look at the "Christianity" group. Boy, are they mad at a fellow named Pullman! Thankfully, someone included a link to explain the situation. I felt that these members at least stayed on topic with the group's apparent aim. I might try to join them for the time being. Overall, I like this website. I'm curious to see how I can develop my library over time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites