Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thing #12 Creating Community Through Commenting


The comments that struck me the most came from Blue Skunk. I felt he honestly spoke when he said that bloggers care that others read their blogs. Maybe others don't feel this way, but I know I feel a little bit happier when I notice a comment on my blog.

But what I really took to heart was Blue Skunk's reminder to simply reply with a "Thank You" when someone replies to your blog. How thoughtful and professional!

The other blogs on commenting were insightful as well. I was reminded to add a smile when correcting or criticizing someones blog post; that's the reason I chose to add the picture you see before you now. The picture reminds me to choose my words carefully when making comments; everyone has feelings. More importantly, don't be afraid to comment. Communication, that's the whole point of blogging.

1 Comments:

At July 30, 2008 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Grendel said...

I enjoyed reading your thoughts on commenting because commenting is hard for me! I will think about your smiley face cup and flowers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites